During my vacation in Cuba my iPod became my best friend, seriously. When you spend hours everyday on the beach your iPod becomes a friend which can make you happy, sad, inspired, and so much more. That’s how I was inspired by starting a Pick Six section on my blog (YAY!). So what is “Pick Six”? Well, my young blog readers, it is a weekly selection of 6 songs that are just… simply… GREAT! I hope you enjoy the selections I have for this week!
- One Republic – Marchin On: I chose this song because it is one of my favourite songs. I find it so inspirational. It talks about how life has all these challenges that you may face, but all you have to do is just keep going, go over the hurdles of life, and keep Marchin On (hehe). If you ever feel lost or feel like giving up give this song a listen.
- Ed Sheeran – Little Bird: ED SHEERAN. Enough said. The new master of adorable and cutesy love songs. The song Little Bird is too cute and talks about those little moments shared between two people who love each other. It is the epitome of cute! So, for guys, if you ever need a song to serenade a girl with, I advise you pick this one.
- Daughter – Youth: I came across this song recently in the wonderful section of youtube where you can’t tell which is the song name and the artist’s name. Once I heard it once I fell in love with this song, maybe because it relates to a young youth like me. It talks young love. How we fall for someone too quick and become hurt in the end. Our naive thoughts of what love is. Aside from the sad truth in the song I think it is beautifully sung and I can’t wait to discover more songs by Daughter.
- Of Monsters and Men – Little Talks: First off, I’d like to state that the two singers from Of Monsters and Men have perfect voices that flow together so well! Secondly, I chose this song cause I just love it. Period. As well, I’m always in the search for singers who have interesting and unique voices which is exactly what I found in this song. A must listen to song that is a great, upbeat, feel good song, with a KICK-ASS music video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I)
- Miike Snow – Animal: Now first off I’d like to say, YES, there are two i’s in Miike Snow and no it isn’t just one person, it’s a three man band. :O. Their indie pop music blended with electronic beats makes for an interesting original sound. If you love this song you should check out their other songs and remixes of well known popular songs.
- Marina and the Diamonds – Oh No!: Marina and the Diamonds! After watching her open for Katy Perry’s 2011 tour I was quite impressed! This Pop Princess has been hitting the music scene in a big way lately! Oh No! is one of her older songs but worth the listen!
This has been this week’s Pick Six! Hope you enjoy these songs as much as I did! If you have any song suggestions or comments about the song comment below or tweet me @AleksandraUze.